Sunday, September 21, 2008

Vomitus Recurus

I almost threw up running. Again.

Rather than a shin-pounding 10 miler today, I went to City College to run a sprint workout on the track. I hate running on the track, but it's the only way to accurately time my splits, so I decided what the heck. After running a 6ish minute mile at 80%, I charged up the bleachers for what I hoped would be a splendid lung busting climb workout. It was everything I hoped it would be except for splendid.

Still, I learned that I need to get QUICKER on my feet.

In other news, I had the best Pinot Noir of my life today. I tasted a barrel sample of Clone 31 from the western end of the Santa Maria Valley today, courtesy of Justin at Tyler Winery. Justin warned me that I might weep. He was right. I did. Truly, Justin is crafting the nectar of the Gods at Tyler. I wish I was in the employ of Zeus.

No comments: